AIGIS is a world leader in all forms of blast protection and designs, tests and manufactures explosion mitigation solutions for airports, airlines, defense, police, governments and businesses in order to help protect people and assets against specific explosive threats.
The patented blast mitigation "TABREShield™" technology is integral to all Aigis products and it has the unique capability to absorb and attenuate the lethal effects of explosions.
AIGIS products are tested and certified to highest available standards and are in use in over 50 countries, with offices in the UK, the USA and the Middle East.
Extremely versatile Aigis TABREShield™ technology covers a wide spectrum of solutions ranging from Bomb Containment and Blast Resistant Litter Bins, Ready Use Ammunitions Containment Units and Anti Mine Boots, to Vehicle Anti Mine Armor and Building Blast Protection. Other Aigis TABREShield™ Applications are also continually developed to meet clients specific needs.
- For airport, airlines, post offices, mailrooms, reception areas, building entrances, sports events and EOD (Explosives Ordnance Disposal).
- Designed to safely contain and remove an unresolved item detected in screening.
- Compatible with EOD equipment enabling EOD resolution outside the building.
- Helps protect people and assets from explosions or their threat.
- Maximizes business continuity and operations – keeps airports and facilities open.
- Unique threat containment solutions/options to mitigate terrorist IED's (Improvised Explosive Device) such as letter bombs and suspect devices in baggage.
- Evacuate the problem not the airport or facility – a change in geography.
Stationed by the x-ray screening point (not towed in after evacuation) – so you can contain in moments detected checked baggage or cargo that alarms and easily remove it for resolution elsewhere. The IU2000 gives you the option to evacuate the problem not the airport or facility.
Stationed at the x-ray screening checkpoint – so you can contain in moments detected hand baggage that alarms and easily remove it for resolution elsewhere. The IU1200 gives you the option to evacuate the problem not the airport or facility.
The IU1000 is the immediate response to the potential threat from a screened detected and unresolved or suspect letter or package. It enables containment and safe evacuation of the suspect item – instead of the building. Used worldwide in mailrooms, police stations, banks and government buildings.
Blast resistant trash cans are a response to the threat of an explosive device hidden in trash cans located in high traffic public areas such as airports, shopping malls and railway stations. A standard trash can will fragment under blast loading spreading the lethal blast effects further. Removing trash cans completely only adds to public frustration and a greater cleaning burden.
- Blast mitigation for enhanced public safety
- Easy to use for efficient everyday emptying
- Highly durable for busy environments
- Small aperture restricts size of potential explosive device
- Unique TABREShield™ system improves horizontal & vertical blast & fragment protection
- Very low maintenance
When specific explosive handling situations require a particular type of explosives storage, AIGIS Blast Protected Munition Storage Solutions provide the optimum combination of safety and practicality necessary to store and transport a variety of explosives.
This is achieved with our patented blast mitigation "TABREshield™" technology integral to all our products, which prevents propagation and helps contain blast and secondary fragments. Some of our Blast Protected Munition Storage & Transport Solutions include:
The DCU500 series' extraordinary performance is enabled by Aigis' unique patented blast absorption TABRE technology. The DCU reduces the UN Hazard Classification and compatibility group from 1.1B to 1.4S, thus improving safety when storing and transporting electric and non-electric detonators. The unit also vitally provides over 7 minutes protection before the first detonator initiates in a fuel fire. To view the complete DCU500 series and our other munitions transport and containment units, register in our online store at www.bombsquadgear.com.
When a larger scale containment unit is required for the recovery of ammunition, AIGIS offers a range of Threat Containment Units fit for this purpose. Please refer to our Bomb Containment section for further information.