DABIT™ Kits - Drugs of ABuse Identification Test Kits
Rugged | Long Shelf-Life | Extreme Storage Conditions | Simple-to-Use | Reliable
Despite there already being several types of colorimetric drug test kits on the market for use in identifying narcotics and drugs of abuse, none of them is durable enough to satisfy the rigorous requirements of end-users in, for example, the FBI or Special Operations Command. Field Forensics was asked by its customers to develop simpler, more rugged drug test kits which, like FFI's field-proven explosives detection kits, do NOT require room-temperature storage or refrigeration.
THE DABIT™ drug test kits are Individual disposable presumptive tests that identify narcotics in the field. Collect the sample by simply dabbing the sample tip on the suspect material; analyze the sample by cracking one or two built-in ampoules and watching for the specified color change.
Our DABIT™ tests use chemicals (reagents) that comply with The National Institute of Justice, Standard—0604.01, Color Test Reagents/Kits for Preliminary Identification of Drugs of Abuse, developed by the Law Enforcement Standards Laboratory of the National Bureau of Standards.
- DABIT™ Kit 1-BX: General Screening Test - Marquis Reagent - presumptive identification of Opiates (Morphine, Codeine or Heroin), Black Tar, Amphetamine-type compounds including Methamphetamine & MDMA (Ecstasy), Amphetamines and a general screening agent for other drugs.
- DABIT™ Kit 2-BX: Special Opiates Test - Mecke Reagent - is primarily used for the identification of heroin and other opiates.
- DABIT™ Kit 3-BX: Amphetamines/Methadone Test - Mandelin reagent.
- DABIT™ Kit 4-BX: LSD Test - LSD Reagent.
- DABIT™ Kit 5-BX: Cocaine Test - Cocaine Reagent.
- DABIT™ Kit 6-BX: Marijuana Test - Marijuana Reagent (marijuana, hashish, THC).
- DABIT™ Kit 7-BX: Screening Test - Lieberman's Reagent - for the presumptive identification of LSD, MDMA, Oxycodone, Methamphetamine, and PMA (also known as “Club Drugs”).
- DABIT™ Kit 8-BX: Opiates Test - Froede Reagent - presumptive test for opiates, oxycodone, and heroin.
- DABIT™ Kit 9-BX: Confirming Test: Opium Alkaloids - Nitric Acid Reagent - This is not a primary test. Nitric Acid Reagent is used to differentiate between Heroin/Morphine.
- DABIT™ Kit 10-BX: Ephedrine Test - Ephedrine Reagent - presumptive test used to identify the presence of Ephedrine and Pseudoephedrine.
- DABIT™ Kit 11-BX: Barbiturates Test - Dille-Koppanyi Reagent - test used as a simple check to presumptively identify barbiturates.
- DABIT™ Kit 12-BX: Valium Test - Valium Reagent - Tests for Valium, Ketamine, and Rohypnol.