ULTRA™: 2-4-6 HOME MADE EXPLOSIVES (HME) IDENTIFIER & DETECTOR
ULTRA™ is a new series of detection kits from Field Forensics that combine trace detection with identification. Our unique chemistries, long shelf-lives, and ergonomic designs make the kits simple to use, rugged and reliable.
The ULTRA™: 2-4-6 is a colorimetric, trace detector as well as material identifier - these qualities not only allow the user to detect unseen amounts of ammonium nitrate and chlorate HME and precursors and selectively identify them, it can also be used to identify bulk material. The ULTRA™ 246 is disposable, one-use, self-contained tester, which doesn't require separate swabs, vials, bottles, or swabs. Though the ULTRA™ is colorimetric, meaning that a positive test is indicated by a visible change of colors, material can also be identified by the color pattern.
* Download Data Sheets and view instructional videos for products: PRODUCT LITERATURE & VIDEOS
So, the ULTRA™ detects and identifies not only HME precursors but also HMEs - chlorate mixtures, ammonium nitrate (AN), calcium ammonium nitrate (CAN) and mixtures. ULTRA™ is simple to use, has a long shelf-life and rugged packaging. It can even help identify safe, non-HME, fertilizers, such as DAP while differentiating DAP from ammonium nitrate and calcium ammonium nitrate. ULTRA™ has a broad detection/identification range, less than 400 nanograms (400 ng).
|The ULTRA™ is simple to use:||Results are easy to see:|
1) remove the clear cap
2) rub the sampling tip on surface or material
3) replace the cap
4) squeeze at thumb grooves
5) view tip color change & pattern
6) color / pattern detects/IDs HME
Each ULTRA™ tester is packaged in a convenient, disposable (and recyclable) plastic tube that's durable yet easy to open and is easily carried in a pant or shirt pocket - in fact several can fit into a pants pocket and ten or more into a cargo pocket. Each tester is a stand-alone, disposable, colorimetric test kit that uses chemical reagents - no ancillary equipment is required for operation. Reagents are fully contained inside each tester and the user is not exposed to any of the chemical reagents during operation.
Here's a summary of ULTRA™ Series' features:
- Portable and rugged packaging - no sharp edges to dig into skin
- Small but easy to handle. Cylindrical, less than 3" long and ~1.5" diameter
- Reagents are fully contained - no exposure to the operator
- Operator training in 10 minutes or less
- Each kit is completely disposable
- Kits contain no electronics and no ancillary equipment is required
- Field test for each type of explosive or substance as marked on each kit
- Each test contains usage instructions and color guide
- Shelf-life of 2 years
ULTRA™ is available in a variety of complete Field Kits.
See our ELITE™ Series of trace explosives detection kits for a full-range of trace detection of dozens of explosives and explosives precursors; and, our IDEX™ Series of material identifiers to identify home-made explosives precursors, legal fertilizers and chemicals used for manufacturing illegal drugs.