Railways, buses. metro systems, ports, ships, aviation, ferries and components of the supply chain and logistics industries all have security issues in common and all require explosives screening.
FFI’s ELITE explosives detection technology is currently used in several applications within transportation security, such as:
- screening cars and passengers boarding ferries,
- random package inspections on metro systems,
- roving checks in airports and as backup to instruments and K-9 teams,
- baggage pallet inspections,
- state room and compartment inspections,
- baggage inspections on bus lines,
- clearing positive indications by other detection techniques (ion mobility spectrometry, K-9s, etc.).
FFI offers NIC Instruments equipment – a broad range of search equipment facilitating the rapid search of vehicles, boats, ships, airplanes and railcars. Our internal security search equipment includes:
- a large under-vehicle wheeled mirror,
- telescopic search arms which accept a range of mirrors,
- pocket telescopic search mirrors.
We also offer complete NIC search kits, which contain a range of tools to carry out comprehensive search tasks, conveniently packaged in backpacks or cases.
For more information on our ELITE Models EL100 and EL240 and our field kits please visit our Products/ELITE page; for more information on the contraband and IED search equipment please visit our Products/NIC page.
Please Contact us. We have representatives standing by to answer questions and to help select equipment.